While HempStaff does not offer training in Hawaii yet, due to the limited number of jobs, Our class is 90% the same from state to state so, get our dispensary training schedule and look at the webinars, including our basic cannabis training course or register with HempStaff to be notified when dispensary training is in your area.
The goal of this class is to help you understand the cannabis industry and cannabis products, as well as help boost your resume and give you the knowledge you need to speak intelligently when you land that interview for an opening at a dispensary in the near future.
For those with no legal experience to put on a resume, training greatly increases your chances of getting a job in the marijuana industry! On average, a Marijuana business owner gets over 200 resumes for every opening they post! With HempStaff Training on your resume – you WILL stand out from the crowd!
Many owners across the nation have taken our course, and they all agree – they will look for HempStaff trained employees first when interviewing for entry level dispensary employees – as they know our course gives them the cannabis knowledge to help them succeed. Certainly not every business owner has heard of us, but all owners can agree that some training is better than no training.
Medical Marijuana was approved by Senate Bill 862 signed into law by Gov. Ben Cayetano on June 14, 2000. Approved conditions: Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for HIV/AIDS; A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe pain, severe nausea, seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy, or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn’s disease. PTSD added July 2015. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Hawaii Department of Health.It was amended on July 14, 2015 which created “a regulated statewide dispensary system for medical marijuana” and added PTSD to list of conditions.
In August 2017, Hawaii’s first dispensaries began serving patients, two years after the state’s dispensary law passed and 17 years after Hawaii became the first state to legislatively enact a medical marijuana law (rather than by ballot initiative). The program’s most recent delays were partly due to a lack of authorized testing laboratories.
Also in 2018, the legislature and governor strengthened and expanded Hawaii’s medical marijuana program by enacting HB 1488. The new law added rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis to the list of qualifying conditions and allows patients and caregivers to access testing facilities. Patients and caregivers will be allowed to cultivate three additional plants of any maturity, for a total of 10 plants. A planned phasing out of caregivers’ ability to grow marijuana plants for patients was pushed back five years, to the end of 2023.
In addition, the Department of Health will be able to permit current licensees to open one additional dispensary, for a possible total of 24 statewide, and to cultivate more plants at their production sites. HB 1488 also amends certain deadlines and relaxes overly restrictive laboratory standards to accelerate implementation. Currently, as of December 2019, there are 8 operational dispensaries in Hawaii.
How will this course help you get a job in a Marijuana Dispensary?
1) We offer a resume review, to get your resume looking exactly how 1) Training on your resume will get you noticed when you apply to a dispensary and lead to more interviews
2) The knowledge you learn in class allows you to speak intelligently and speak to points the dispensary managers want to hear, giving you a much greater chance of landing the job.
3) When HempStaff clients come to us looking for Budtenders, our trained students, that live in their area, will be contacted first!
This training focuses on Dispensary Agents, or Budtenders, the person that works behind the counter of a marijuana dispensary. At HempStaff, we believe they need to be trained since they are the product specialists whose main responsibility is to be an expert on all cannabis products. This person must be trained to work with patients and customers and help educate on how cannabis can alleviate some of their symptoms. Dispensary agents must be able suggest which products may work best and also how to use these products and what the appropriate dosages should be.
We are the ONLY Dispensary Training Course that employs someone with 4+ years of legal cannabis experience, including dispensary management experience, as our head trainer! We know the value of having our students be able to ask questions that only someone with this much experience can actually answer.
Please Note: DO NOT put ANY illegal experience on your resume for a job in the marijuana industry! Unless you have experience working in a dispensary, this training will be what you can put on your resume to let employers know you have the knowledge and ambition they are looking for when selecting candidates to interview. Taking this training shows you have the motivation to obtain professional training in the subject of marijuana and truly desire to be the best Dispensary Employee you can be!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CANNABIS DISPENSARY TRAINING FOR HAWAII:
- How Marijuana helps patients and the power of different cannabinoids and terpenes
- Marijuana and the symptoms that it can minimize or alleviate
- All Marijuana products that may be available and how to direct a patient to use them
- How to recommend the appropriate Marijuana dosage
- How to greet customers and speak with them to understand their needs and recommend the most appropriate Marijuana product and dosage to help them have a positive experience
- The Endocannabinoid system: Learn how this little known system in your body uses the cannabinoids to help alleviate ailments
- The main cannabinoids in cannabis (THC, CBD, CBN, etc) and what each can do for your patients
- The ailments/diseases medical cannabis can be recommended for and which cannabinoids / terpenes work best for symptoms associated with these diseases
- How to manage Point of Sale systems, Inventory Systems and Security in the Cannabis Industry
- A Day in the Life of a Dispensary Agent or Budtender
- Our trainer, with 4+ years of experience working in a marijuana dispensary, will teach you what you need to know to be a knowledgeable, compassionate and professional marijuana employee in this new exciting industry.
- There will be a question and answer session as well, so bring all your questions regarding marijuana dispensaries!
The HempStaff Certification was created so that we can be sure that any candidate we send to our client for an interview is trained and qualified. In addition to any possible job openings through HempStaff, students are encouraged to list the HempStaff Certification and Training as education/professional training on their resume when applying for industry jobs on their own.
Many of our students have used our networked, some even in our class, to search out their own opportunities to obtain jobs on their own. Dozens of dispensary owners have attended our classes as well – so we suggest business casual attire. There are many opportunities to explore once you are properly trained! Now is the time to get cannabis training for Hawaii dispensary jobs and get into this industry before it explodes nationally over the next couple years!
Not ready to purchase a training seat yet? Register with HempStaff to be emailed about future training courses.