An intense 4 hour cannabis training for medical marijuana NY dispensary jobs, with certification test, to prepare you to work in a Medical Marijuana
An intense 4 hour cannabis training for medical marijuana NY dispensary jobs, with certification test, to prepare you to work in a Medical Marijuana NY Dispensary. This course covering laws in BOTH New York and New Jersey. This class will be held LIVE via an Online Webinar!
Scroll down to purchase tickets or click here to purchase through EventBrite
Class held 9:00AM – 1:00PM EST on Saturday, June 13th.
$179 Early Bird price thru March 31st
This a Professional Training Course to teach you what you need to know about cannabis and your state’s Cannabis Laws so that you have the knowledge needed to apply to work in a marijuana dispensary. The material is presented in a fast paced, 4 hour course with a summary exam at the end to get your certificate of completion. The goal of this class is to help you understand the cannabis industry and cannabis products, as well as help boost your resume and give you the knowledge you need to speak intelligently when you land that interview for an opening at a dispensary in the near future.
For those with no legal experience to put on a resume, training greatly increases your chances of getting a job in the marijuana industry! On average, a Marijuana business owner gets over 200 resumes for every opening they post! With HempStaff Training on your resume – you WILL stand out from the crowd!
Many owners across the nation have taken our course, and they all agree – they will look for HempStaff trained employees first when interviewing for entry level dispensary employees – as they know our course gives them the cannabis knowledge to help them succeed. Certainly not every business owner has heard of us, but all owners can agree that some training is better than no training.
How will this course help you get a job in a Marijuana Dispensary?
1) We offer a resume review, to get your resume looking exactly how cannabis business owners like it
2) Training on your resume will get you noticed when you apply to a dispensary and lead to more interviews
3) The knowledge you learn in class allows you to speak intelligently and speak to points the dispensary managers want to hear, giving you a much greater chance of landing the job.
4) When HempStaff clients come to us looking for Budtenders, our trained students, that live in their area, will be contacted first!
This training focuses on Dispensary Agents, or Budtenders, the person that works behind the counter of a marijuana dispensary. At HempStaff, we believe they need to be trained since they are the product specialists whose main responsibility is to be an expert on all cannabis products. This person must be trained to work with patients and customers and help educate on how cannabis can alleviate some of their symptoms. Dispensary agents must be able suggest which products may work best and also how to use these products and what the appropriate dosages should be.
After passing this cannabis dispensary training for New York, HempStaff offers you a resume review to help you get your document looking the best that it can before you start sending it out for posted positions. And of course, when our recruiters are contracted to fill entry level dispensary agents or cultivation site workers, we review our student’s resumes and contact them first!
HempStaff, having held training in New York since 2018, is known as the go to company for dispensary training for New York marijuana dispensaries. We are the ONLY Dispensary Training Course that employs someone with 4+ years of legal cannabis experience, including dispensary management experience, as our head trainer! We know the value of having our students be able to ask questions that only someone with this much experience can actually answer.
Please Note: DO NOT put ANY illegal experience on your resume for a job in the marijuana industry! Unless you have experience working in a dispensary, this training will be what you can put on your resume to let employers know you have the knowledge and ambition they are looking for when selecting candidates to interview. Taking this training shows you have the motivation to obtain professional training in the subject of marijuana and truly desire to be the best Dispensary Employee you can be!
What you will learn in this Cannabis Dispensary Training for New York:
- State specific Laws and what to expect in Marijuana Dispensaries
- How Marijuana helps patients and the power of different cannabinoids and terpenes
- Marijuana and the symptoms that it can minimize or alleviate
- All Marijuana products that may be available and how to direct a patient to use them
- How to recommend the appropriate Marijuana dosage
- How to greet customers and speak with them to understand their needs and recommend the most appropriate Marijuana product and dosage to help them have a positive experience
- The Endocannabinoid system: Learn how this little known system in your body uses the cannabinoids to help alleviate ailments
- The main cannabinoids in cannabis (THC, CBD, CBN, etc) and what each can do for your patients
- The ailments/diseases medical cannabis can be recommended for and which cannabinoids / terpenes work best for symptoms associated with these diseases
- How to manage Point of Sale systems, Inventory Systems and Security in the Cannabis Industry
- A Day in the Life of a Dispensary Agent or Budtender
- Our trainer, with 4+ years of experience working in a marijuana dispensary, will teach you what you need to know to be a knowledgeable, compassionate and professional marijuana employee in this new exciting industry.
- There will be a question and answer session as well, so bring all your questions regarding marijuana dispensaries!
At the end of the cannabis training for New York dispensary jobs, you will be given a 20 question exam that you must pass with 75% in order to get your HempStaff Certification.
We know that laws are constantly updated in the cannabis industry. That’s why, once you take our professional training class, you are welcome to return to any future training session, based on availability, at no charge!
The HempStaff Certification was created so that we can be sure that any candidate we send to our client for an interview is trained and qualified. In addition to any possible job openings through HempStaff, students are encouraged to list the HempStaff Certification and Training as education/professional training on their resume when applying for industry jobs on their own.
Many of our students have used our networked, some even in our class, to search out their own opportunities to obtain jobs on their own. Dozens of dispensary owners have attended our classes as well – so we suggest business casual attire. There are many opportunities to explore once you are properly trained! Now is the time to get training for New York cannabis dispensary jobs and get into this industry before it explodes nationally over the next couple years!
In New York, patients may have up to a 30-day supply to be determined by the health commissioner during the rule making process or by the physician. Approved Conditions include Cancer, HIV/AIDS, ALS, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord damage causing spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathies, or Huntington’s disease. Smoking is not a method approved by the bill.
On August 1st, 2017 five additional licenses were given, bringing the total licenses up to 10 and allowing up to 40 dispensaries state-wide. To mark Veterans Day, in November 2017, Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed an MPP Foundation-backed bill to add post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a qualifying condition, making New York the 28th of the 29 medical marijuana states to allow PTSD patients to qualify. In addition, the Department of Health added chronic pain to the list of qualifying conditions in 2017.
In July 2018, New York State Department of Health announced the implementation of an emergency rule allowing for cannabis to be used as a substitute for treating conditions that an opioid medication may otherwise be prescribed for.
In August 2018, Gov. Cuomo’s office took the first steps towards facilitating major marijuana reform, appointing a 20-person workgroup to draft legislation for an adult-use market. However, we still await New York to produce any bill to legalize cannabis recreationally, some think this may happen in 2020.
Scroll down to purchase a seat. Not ready to purchase a training seat yet? Register with HempStaff to be emailed about future training courses.
Promo Code: HempStaff
Valid Thru 3/31