23novAll DayIllinois Responsible Vendor Training for Cannabis DispensariesChicago, IL - RESPONSIBLE VENDORDoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove, 1200 North Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL
This course has been approved by the state of Illinois. HempStaff is the original Illinois Dispensary Training Certification since 2015! This course is for
This course has been approved by the state of Illinois. HempStaff is the original Illinois Dispensary Training Certification since 2015! This course is for owners and dispensary employees that must complete the state-required Illinois Responsible Vendor Training. The cost for this 2 Hour Training is $129 (FREE for previous HempStaff students), then just $99/year! Students who have NOT taken our course previously, may also purchase a 2 Hour Add-On that will cover the science of cannabinoids, terpenes, cannabis products and they interact with the human body. If you are NOT currently employed by a dispensary, but looking to break into the industry, check out our Dispensary Agent Training Course – Click Here
This in-person class will be held on November 23rd. Need to take it sooner? Check out our Live Webinar on Sept 25th.
Class held at 2PM
2 Hour Responsible Vendor Training: $129 Advance Purchase (FREE for previous students)
Optional HempStaff 2-Hour Training Add-on: $120 (New Students Only)
Scroll down to purchase tickets or click here to purchase through EventBrite
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale – Elk Grove
1200 North Mittel Boulevard
Wood Dale, IL 60191
This is an annual course REQUIRED for Illinois Dispensary Owners and Agents, no later than December 1st (or 90 days after their hire).
Note: We do require you are currently employed by a dispensary, as this course MUST be taken within 90 days of hire.
The best news – previous HempStaff students attend at NO CHARGE for the 1st time and for only $99 every year after! First time students can attend for only $129. Our first in-person course will be in the Chicago area on Saturday, November 23rd.
If you would like to attend this training as a previous student email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must currently be working in a dispensary to attend this course.
Below are some FAQ Answers on this training:
What topics are covered in the required Illinois Responsible Vendor Training?
Training modules must include training on:
- Health and safety concerns of cannabis use, including the responsible use of cannabis, its physical effects, onset of physiological effects, recognizing signs of impairment, and appropriate responses in the event of overconsumption;
- Laws and regulations on driving while under the influence;
- Sales to minor prohibitions;
- All relevant Illinois laws and rules;
- Acceptable forms of identification, including how to check identification and common mistakes made in verification;
- Safe storage of cannabis;
- Compliance with all inventory tracking regulations;
- Waste handling, management, and disposal;
- Health and safety standards at the dispensary;
- Maintenance of records;
- Security and surveillance requirements;
- Permitting inspections by State and local licensing and enforcement authorities;
- Privacy issues; and
- Packaging and labeling requirements
Who needs to receive training from a Responsible Vendor?
All owners, managers, employees, and agents involved in the handling or sale of cannabis or cannabis-infused products employed by an adult use dispensing organization or medical cannabis dispensing organization as defined in Section 10 of the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Program Act.
Are all Principal Officers required to receive training from a Responsible Vendor?
The only agents that are required to receive the Responsible Vendor Training are those involved in the handling or sale of cannabis or cannabis-infused products. However, all agents, including all Principal Officers, must meet the 8-hour training requirement found in Section 15-65(a)(5) of the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
Can a Responsible Vendor provide all 8 hours of the training required by Section 15- 65(a)(5)?
Yes, provided the training meets all the requirements of Section 15-40(i)(3) and 15-65(a)(5) of the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act. Currently, HempStaff of
fers a 2 hour add on, which covers cannabinoids, terpenes and cannabis products in depth and gives you 4 hours of the required 8 hours of training. An additional 4-hour course will also be offered in 2020, so you will cover all your required annual training with HempStaff courses.
When must individuals receive the training from a Responsible Vendor?
The training must be received within 90 days of September 1, 2019 or within 90 days before or after the first day of employment at a dispensary, whichever is later. Training received outside of the 90-day window will not meet the training requirement imposed by Section 15-40(i) of the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
How often must individuals receive training from a Responsible Vendor?
Training must be received annually.
- Cannabis History
- Cultivation and Processing Overview
- How Medical Marijuana helps patients and the power of different cannabinoids and terpenes
- Medical Marijuana products and the symptoms they can minimize or alleviate
- All Medical Marijuana products that may be available and how to direct a patient to use them
- How to recommend the appropriate Medical Marijuana dosage
- The Endocannabinoid system: Learn how this little known system in your body uses the cannabinoids to help alleviate ailments
- The top dozen cannabinoids in cannabis (THC, CBD, CBN, etc) and what each can do for your patients
- The top dozen terpenes in cannabis and what each can do for your patients
Scroll down to purchase a seat. Not ready to purchase a training seat yet? Register with HempStaff to be emailed about future training courses.