Can I start applying for cannabis jobs in another state?

Category: HempStaff FAQ

Almost every cannabis employer will discard any entry level employees that are not residents of that state. As a general rule all programs require you to be a resident of the state to work in the cannabis industry. Employers get hundreds of resumes, so they do not want the hassle of someone relocating, when they have local people they can hire. Our recommendation, if you wish to work out of state, is to first relocate to the state you wish to work in, get a job in the field you are in currently and switch over your ID. Then start applying to cannabis openings in that state. If you DO have legal cannabis experience, then you may be sought after to relocate by cannabis businesses looking for experienced employees, however for entry level this rarely happens.