We currently do not have any classes planned for Minnesota until the program is expanded. Our class is 90% the same from state to state so, get our upcoming medical marijuana dispensary training schedule and look at the webinars, including our basic cannabis training course or register with HempStaff to be notified when dispensary training is in your area.
The goal of this class is to help you understand the cannabis industry and cannabis products, as well as help boost your resume and give you the knowledge you need to speak intelligently when you land that interview for an opening at a dispensary in the near future.
For those with no legal experience to put on a resume, training greatly increases your chances of getting a job in the marijuana industry! On average, a Marijuana business owner gets over 200 resumes for every opening they post! With HempStaff Training on your resume – you WILL stand out from the crowd!
Many owners across the nation have taken our course, and they all agree – they will look for HempStaff trained employees first when interviewing for entry level dispensary employees – as they know our course gives them the cannabis knowledge to help them succeed. Certainly not every business owner has heard of us, but all owners can agree that some training is better than no training.
Medical Marijuana was approved by the Minnesota Senate 46-16, and by the House 89-40. It became effective May 30, 2014. Approved Conditions: cancer (if the underlying condition or treatment produces severe or chronic pain, nausea or severe vomiting, or cachexia or severe wasting), glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, Tourette’s syndrome, ALS, seizures/epilepsy, severe and persistent muscle spasms/MS, Crohn’s disease, terminal illness with a life expectancy of under one year. Patients certified as having intractable pain become eligible to receive medical marijuana starting Aug. 2016. In August 2018, autism and sleep apnea were added as additional conditions.
“Medical cannabis” is defined as any species of the genus cannabis plant delivered in the form of (1) liquid, including, but not limited to, oil; (2) pill; (3) vaporized delivery method that does not require the use of dried leaves or plant form. Smoking is not a method approved by the bill.
MPP teamed up with local allies in 2016 to petition the Minnesota Office of Medical Cannabis to add PTSD to its program as a qualifying condition. The petition was successful, and beginning on August 1, 2017, Minnesota patients suffering from the condition can finally access this medicine!
While Minnesota’s medical cannabis program continues to improve, it still has serious limitations, including its failure to allow whole plant cannabis. It instead allows only extracts and other preparations, which are more costly and which many patients find do not work as well. MPP and our allies are continuing to petition to make the law more inclusive — including to allow patients with nausea, Alzheimer’s, and autism to qualify.
Dec 2nd, 2019 – The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) today announced it will add chronic pain and age-related macular degeneration as new qualifying conditions for the state’s medical cannabis program. Under state law, the new conditions will take effect in August 2020. MDH also approved two new delivery methods to give patients more options. The new methods being added are water-soluble cannabinoid multi-particulates (for example, granules, powders and sprinkles) and orally dissolvable products such as lozenges, gums, mints, buccal tablets and sublingual tablets.
How will this course help you get a job in a Marijuana Dispensary?
1) Training on your resume will get you noticed when you apply to a dispensary and lead to more interviews
2) The knowledge you learn in class allows you to speak intelligently and speak to points the dispensary managers want to hear, giving you a much greater chance of landing the job.
3) When HempStaff clients come to us looking for Budtenders, our trained students, that live in their area, will be contacted first!
This training focuses on Dispensary Agents, or Budtenders, the person that works behind the counter of a marijuana dispensary. At HempStaff, we believe they need to be trained since they are the product specialists whose main responsibility is to be an expert on all cannabis products. This person must be trained to work with patients and customers and help educate on how cannabis can alleviate some of their symptoms. Dispensary agents must be able suggest which products may work best and also how to use these products and what the appropriate dosages should be.
We are the ONLY Dispensary Training Course that employs someone with 4+ years of legal cannabis experience, including dispensary management experience, as our head trainer! We know the value of having our students be able to ask questions that only someone with this much experience can actually answer.
Please Note: DO NOT put ANY illegal experience on your resume for a job in the marijuana industry! Unless you have experience working in a dispensary, this training will be what you can put on your resume to let employers know you have the knowledge and ambition they are looking for when selecting candidates to interview. Taking this training shows you have the motivation to obtain professional training in the subject of marijuana and truly desire to be the best Dispensary Employee you can be!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CANNABIS DISPENSARY TRAINING FOR MINNESOTA:
- How Marijuana helps patients and the power of different cannabinoids and terpenes
- Marijuana and the symptoms that it can minimize or alleviate
- All Marijuana products that may be available and how to direct a patient to use them
- How to recommend the appropriate Marijuana dosage
- How to greet customers and speak with them to understand their needs and recommend the most appropriate Marijuana product and dosage to help them have a positive experience
- The Endocannabinoid system: Learn how this little known system in your body uses the cannabinoids to help alleviate ailments
- The main cannabinoids in cannabis (THC, CBD, CBN, etc) and what each can do for your patients
- The ailments/diseases medical cannabis can be recommended for and which cannabinoids / terpenes work best for symptoms associated with these diseases
- How to manage Point of Sale systems, Inventory Systems and Security in the Cannabis Industry
- A Day in the Life of a Dispensary Agent or Budtender
- Our trainer, with 4+ years of experience working in a marijuana dispensary, will teach you what you need to know to be a knowledgeable, compassionate and professional marijuana employee in this new exciting industry.
- There will be a question and answer session as well, so bring all your questions regarding marijuana dispensaries!
The HempStaff Certification was created so that we can be sure that any candidate we send to our client for an interview is trained and qualified. In addition to any possible job openings through HempStaff, students are encouraged to list the HempStaff Certification and Training as education/professional training on their resume when applying for industry jobs on their own.
Many of our students have used our networked, some even in our class, to search out their own opportunities to obtain jobs on their own. Dozens of dispensary owners have attended our classes as well – so we suggest business casual attire. There are many opportunities to explore once you are properly trained! Now is the time to get cannabis training for Minnesota dispensary jobs and get into this industry before it explodes nationally over the next couple years!
Not ready to purchase a training seat yet? Register with HempStaff to be emailed about future training courses.